Miyerkules, Disyembre 5, 2012

BELIEF SYSTEM: WHAT IS IT?




Belief System: The power to destroy and the power to create

I remember when I was eighteen my mother told me to stop schooling due to financial problem. I also remember that was the time when my x girlfriend cheated on me. And, during that time when I decided to work part time my father told me " You can't do it!". In effect my grades was totally affected. Can you imagine how painful that experience for a teenager like me? It's not only painful but I was about to change my belief system that life is sucks! 


However, why am I here sharing this thoughts with you? The only thought that keeps me moving forward during that time is to graduate even if it cost me a lot of pain by supporting myself. No one could have convinced me to work part time when my mother told me to stop schooling. No one could have convinced me to move forward despite of the heartache I felt when my x girlfriend cheated on me. No one could have convinced me to go out of my comfort zone when my father tried to discouraged me. But I did convinced myself. Why? Because I was able to put empowering meaning to each and every experienced I have in the past. 


When my mother told me to stop schooling I told myself well maybe its time to be more independent. When my X girlfriend cheated on me, I told myself its your lost anyway. After 5 years it became a Self fulfilling prophecy! She did cried in front of me telling how miserable her life with his x boyfriend. But i guess past is not the place to live in but the place to learn from. I said sorry I'm taken :) When my father told me I can't do it I told myself that's your belief system. You see, I was able to shift my belief system from being negative to positive by embracing pain. I used pain as my allied not my enemy. Also, I was able to graduate from Ateneo by myself by using my imagination. 

Imagination can create possibility if we put emotional intensity and massive repetition. Imagination is enough to create reference of certainty that stabilized our belief system that leads to conviction. 

Thus, Belief system has the power to destroy and the power to create.

Godbless us all!

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento